Monday, February 11, 2013

Sept 23, 1987, back to Bogota


September 23, 1987 Bogota, Colombia

“Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps." ~Psalm 85:13

Thank you Lord for going before us and preparing the way. Thank you Lord for the friends and family you have given to us, truly the lines have fallen out to us in pleasant places.

Last night I called mom and dad to let them know that Joseph and the kids made it ok. They sounded good, it is always nice to talk to them. Daddy said he was counting the days and I said “so am I!” Also, he said that when Ruthy came up over the ramp at the Columbus airport, she was dragging her backpack like it was heavy, but when she saw ‘papa’ it flew the rest of the way. When she got to daddy she hugged him and said, “you know what Grandpa? – I love you!” Johnny was speaking a combination of English and Spanish so Granma learned some new words like ‘venga’ and ‘vaca’ and Daddy thought he was saying “tobacco” and was going to give him his pipe. It was a rich time for all of them and soon the rest of us will go. John Wesley slept with Grandpa Holbrook and preferred him over Grandma. He is a real daddy’s boy, and of course Grandpa loved the constant attention.
I received nice letters from Vicki Meadows and Nancy Dawson. I felt weepy as I read them – so much has changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment