Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Miami Beach - Born to Pioneer


Dec. 12, 1987 Miami Beach, FL – Sunny, warm and beautiful

Psalm 101.2-3 I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
    when will you come to me?
I will conduct the affairs of my house
    with a blameless heart.
I will not look with approval
    on anything that is vile.
the one whose walk is blameless
    will minister to me.
No one who practices deceit
    will dwell in my house;
no one who speaks falsely
    will stand in my presence.


Lord, I am moved at your creation, I am awed at its beauty and strength. Truly you are a great God and all powerful to have created it all.

As I write I am sitting on the balcony of the our tenth floor hotel room overlooking Miami Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Joseph and I are having a wonderful reunion after three weeks of separation. I flew down yesterday to meet him alone. Last night Joseph and I took a walk on the beach, there aren’t many people around and it is so peaceful and relaxing.
The waves on the beach are unending with a magnetic attraction that makes me keep watching them. There are sailboats and seagulls everywhere, it would even be tempting to want to live near the ocean.
I just read an article about church planting and the discouragement and struggles that come with it. Surely we have encountered the discouragement and weariness and the constant battle to forgive and go on in the midst of criticism, but I never could be a settler, I think I was born to be a pioneer.

I’m glad you know the future Lord, and that all we need to do is to keep our eyes on you and you will lead us. Thank you for your faithfulness and love!

3 comments:

  1. And now she is a pioneer in Heaven... Forging the way ahead of the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse. I needed to read that. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is gone -- it still tears my heart up!

    ReplyDelete