Saturday, May 18, 2013

One year ago this week


2013.05.18  -

I have been having a lot of bittersweet flashbacks of Debbie for the last week or so. May 10th was our last anniversary together …this week, one year ago, is when she began to quickly decline, ending with her death on June 4th.

A year ago my kids and I were trying to decide if it was time to call hospice. One year ago was a descent into emotional hell. I have known a lot of people who have died, in the last few years a lot of dear friends. But Debbie was so real … she filled the space around her with love and gentleness … goodness. How can all that bundle of goodness just disappear?

There does not seem to be very much in this life that is enduring, unchanging.

5 comments:

  1. let me just add one more thought. We never know when the "last time" will come. Debbie and I talked about the "last time" we would make love most of our marriage. She would always tear up. The first kiss/the last kiss. The first date/the last date. The photo above was of our last date. Life is fleeting and precious people! live IN the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet mommy, how I miss you. I'm finding these weeks challenging to navigate. I am so glad we were givethe time we were allotted, and the many precious memori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of a lifetime filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet mommy, how I miss you. I'm finding these weeks challenging to navigate. I am so glad we were givethe time we were allotted, and the many precious memori

    ReplyDelete