Monday, October 15, 2012

April 18, 1987 - "Family"

Sometimes the call to serve God not only involves personal sacrifice, but those who we love most, our families, are also implicated in the cost of service. This is a hard thing ... to choose to serve even when our families must pay a price.



Saturday, April 18, 1987 Bogota, Colombia - Warm

It's been a bleesing having Andrew and Cathy McMillan here this week. Through them, Joseph as made contacts with Randy and Marcella McMillan the couple who started the Community of Faith Church in Cali and are responsible for the Community of Faith here in Bogota. Joseph also met some young men from Medellin and Cartagena. We had been specifically praying for contacts in Medellin and Joseph had prayed that he would meet these contacts within the next 2-3 years but had the impression that it would be within the next 2-3 weeks and he was right. I was a good time to make contacts and a time of refreshig Sunday and we attended the meeting, it was wonderful. Wonderful worship.

Sunday night, I called my parents. I talked to them. Tey are doing well and are attending Christian Union with John & Lucille on Sundays. (PTL!) Mom said Daddy, really enjoyed it and yesterday Gene, Amy and Judy attended with them because it was Easter. They also have a new lamb that they are really excited about. Mom said Dady wantedd to buy us a ticket home instead of them coming in July so we could have time with everyone and not just them. I felt disappointed and blessed at the same time. I love them and mis them so much. I am so grateful for my family. That has been the hardest part for me--not to have my family with me. If Mom and Dad were here, I think I would be fine. Lord, bless them financially for the way that hey have given to us. Bless their health and marriage. Bring them further healing Lord. Amen

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing her words. It is such a beautiful testimony of growth. Being able to hear her thoughts from the beginning of her journey, and knowing all that she imparted into me and what she grew into through the end. it speaks magnitudes. She was the wisest person I know. She grabbed onto Jesus and did not let go no matter what challenges came her way. She was not just a ripple in a pond, but the force of gravity starting waves of grace into motion. The full impact of her actions and words on this earth will span generations; the depth of which will be known only when we join her with our father in heaven. Thank you mommy for holding onto Jesus and letting him guide you, thank you for teaching me that lesson, thank you for being such a beautiful light to all those lost ships on this worlds oceans. I love you always!


    Jessy

    ReplyDelete