Monday, October 22, 2012

June 5, 1987 - Walk around the colisum

June 5, 1987 Bogota, Colombia
Cool & Rainy

"I Love The House Where You Live, Oh Lord, The Place Where Your Glory Dwells". ---Psalm 26:8

Lord, I pray for grace to walk in the spirit more fully each day. Help me to choose Your way, instead of my own. "Set my feet on level ground; in the great assembly, I will praise the Lord. --Psalm 26;12

Each morning when I take my walk, around the Coliseum. I’m amazed at what I see. As I walk around the Coliseum I see beggars sleeping under the shelter of it on the hard concrete with a blanket over them. Sometimes, they lay out in the grass. In some places around he stadium, here are piles of manure where they have relieved themselves. And there are trash pickers who pick thru our trash and salvage scraps they think are useful. I watched one day as a family picked thru the trash. The man, about 20-30 years old, found a straw hat and proceeded to straighten it out and try it on for his wife. Grinning and strutting around some. He was obviously delighted with his find. This is a way of life, I cannot comprehend. I wonder how to relate to them. Is this the true poor, or do they choose to live this way? Father, grant us wisdom, help open our eyes to see what you have put before us. There is so much to do, help us to do that which you have called us to do. Separate us from the good things to do instead of the necessary things that you want us to do. Thank you Lord, for your love and care for us. We got a beautiful desk, curtains and bookcase. Thank you Lord. Rolsalba helped to deliver them, she is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment