Saturday, June 29, 2013

Last day in Miami

December 16, 1987 Miami Beach FL, Windy, warm/cool.

Psalm 104:33 –
I do praise you Lord, for truly I was made for that purpose. I’m awed by your creation, by your majesty.

This is our last day here. Today we take Lyle to the airport and head for home. Yesterday we went to Aventura for a couple of hours and then Lyle and Joseph had an appointment with Nick who works for Latin American Mission (LAM) and who lived for a couple of year in Medellin, Colombia. Joseph received a lot of good information and a demographic study. Nick said that Medellin is a difficult city to start a church in.

I am reading Ruth Graham Bell’s story of her life, A Time for Remembering. I have really enjoyed it. It seems that every time I read a biography, it deepens in me the knowledge that I am not alone and that my struggles and hardships are not uncommon, especially to missionaries. Ruth says that she believes that “beautiful women are made by adjusting to difficult men”; an intriguing statement.


No comments:

Post a Comment