Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2007



     Thank you Lord, for the many blessings you have given me. I don’t deserve such goodness Lord. I feel poor and wretched in so many ways. I do not feel like I have what it takes to do things for you. I don’t feel smart enough to discuss important issues without making a fool of myself but Lord I trust you. That has to count for something. You make flowers just to be beautiful for a few days and butterflies so why not let “Little Debbie” bring you joy. At least, I hope I do. I love you.

            One of Joseph’s Professors (Muslim) sent an email to Joseph, encouraging me and letting him know that he has been praying for me. He also sent me a poem written by a Sufi mystic, it was so beautiful I cried. Today has been a wonderful day, I fixed a salad to take to Brain & Rosa for the Community meal. There were around 50 people there. It was a good time. I sat and various people came around to chat.

            Then we came home, and sat around talking for a bit with Joseph and John. Jessy and the kids came by later for a visit.


  Tonight we went to Jose and Olga’s for the Morgado gathering and had a wonderful conversation with Carlos, Angelica, and Sarah about Cuba circa 1958-67. It was like getting a first hand interview. Thank you Lord, for this bridge of trust you have allowed us to build even as we are bumbling along. Lord, I pray that these dear people would come to know you and your great love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment