Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3, 2005 - choosing a surgeon and prayer

July 3, 2005. Blue skies – Homestead/Princeton, FL

     Lord thank you for being my real life and that I am “hidden” in you (Colossians 3). And please help me to live this new life that you’ve given me so that others might know you. Help me to lay aside my fears.


     I met with Dr. Edelman Friday. He seems very nice, caring and knowledgeable. Jessy went with me. He said that I am most likely going to have the left breast and lymph nodes removed. The PET will be the final conclusive test (7-5-05). So, I must decide who I want to be my surgeon and at what facility. Father, please help me with this decision. I know you are with me no matter what I choose, so I guess I should choose what is the easier for my family. I just realized this may be ongoing so Baptist will be closer for treatments, etc. Father, guide me because I cannot see the road ahead but I know you can and I know you love me. Thank you for all these things, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. It precious to ready mom's thoughts bc it make me feel like she is close again, and yet it is so difficult at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I know. For me, it is more comforting and therapeutic than it is painful. Bittersweet memories!

    ReplyDelete