Monday, July 1, 2013

8 long years ago today - July 1, 2005

Last August, as we were cleaning out old things and I was getting rid of books to make more room in my office, I came across Debbie’s last journal, from 2010 through May 2012. It was so precious me.

When I went to Ohio, my kids were still hauling away boxes of old books to Goodwill that I no longer wanted. When I came back from Ohio, one day I realized I could not locate Debbie’s journal! I tore through all of my boxes and the whole house to no avail. It was the worst moment after her death … I was afraid it had been inadvertanly taken to Goodwill. I felt like I lost her all over again by losing her precious thoughts of the past two years.

My daughter, Jessica, told me that it would turn up when the time was right. Yesterday, as I was looking through my shelves in my office for another book, guess what I found? This journal entry below was her second entry after receiving the diagnosis in June, exactly 8 years ago today! You can only imagine how emotional I felt. 

Tomorrow I will post her entry from June 27, which was her first entry after receiving the diagnosis of cancer. I will eventually get back to 1987 and finish the story of our two years in South America! Thanks ~

J. Holbrook.
............................
July 1, 2005 – cloudy in Princeton, FL.

  Good morning Father! (I read Colossians 2).

  Thank you that the real substance of life is in Jesus and that I don’t have to live by rules and regulations. There is such freedom in you! thank you Lord.  Yesterday, when I was in the MRI tube, Psalm 2 and thought of the song “rescued.”

  Yesterday I had a breast cancer MRI done, only one test to go, that’s the PET scan (7/5/05). Then I will be meeting with the surgeon, Dr. Moffat, to discuss what to do on 7/12/05.  I still feel peaceful –
 
        I see another surgeon today, Dr. Edleman.   Thank you Father for your presence, Go with me today, please. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment