Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 27 2005, Cancer diagnosis ....

June 27 2005, Miami/Homestead, FL (Cloudy)

Good morning Father!

It has been a week since we received a diagnosis of cancer. We are still doing tests to determine the origin. I am  battling a lot of pain. Philippians I (end of the chapter) says “There’s far more to this life than trusting in Christ, there’s also suffering for him. And the Suffering is as much a gift as the trusting.”

Father, I embrace you and your will and I realize as I do that I am also embracing the cross and suffering. The Bible mentions suffering as a gift in Colossians as well. It is not easy, but I pray that your will would be accomplished and that you would bring glory to your name. Father, I don’t want this to sound religious or pious – I simply want you to do your will and ask you to help me as I go through it.

This journal is the beginning of a journey that the Lord is taking me on. I’m sure it began before, but I wll being with Sunday, June 12 in our Miami Team mtg. the Lord (I believe) spoke to me and said “Debbie, I am going to lay you low for a time” Joseph at first didn't believe it, but after we got the diagnosis on Friday (6/17), he asked e what kind of look Jesus had on his face when he said it … I said one of love and compassion, sadness that I would have to pass through this time. So, now I am trying to find my way through this maze called “cancer” Joseph is in Brazil for 6 weeks of language study and research for this thesis. We both felt peace about him continuing with his plans. I told him the testing could take a while anyway. So he is there and we IM (Instant messenger) a couple times a day. He said there are about 30 students from all over the U.S.

I have received emails, calls, cards and visits from around the world – people letting me know they are praying for me and sharing encouraging testimonies of victory over cancer. So, I continue … day by day, looking for your guidance through this journey that “we” have begun. Thank you Lord that you are with me and will never leave me and that you love me.


1 comment:

  1. ... and believe it or not, I realized yesterday that I found the journal last week ... on June 27!

    ReplyDelete