Monday, November 26, 2012

July 4, 1987

Bogota, Colombia Rainy & Cold


We must be having our "winter" now, because it has been wet and cold for almost 2 weeks now. The Immel’s have gone home, it was hard to let them go, and the Dunaways and Pam & Karen are here. It has been a refreshing time for all, I think. I'm feeling pretty tired (the pace I guess). Ruthie has been pretty sick, she started last week with fever and coughing and now she has Tonsillitis. We finally had to take her to the Doctor ( A very nice man , Pediatrician) who prescribed some tests and had some tests run at a clinic. She began taking medicine Wednesday and finally today is feeling better. (PTL!) Joseph is also feeling better, no problems for about a week now.
Joseph and Frank plan to go to Medellin Tuesday. An Evangelist named Leroy Henry has come into our lives, he is a friend of Kico's. He is also very strange and always preaching even when we are at the table eating. If you name a place- he has been there. If you name a person--he knows them. Seems rather strange to me. His stories are rather incredible and trigger caution in me.

Father, I pray for him and ask that you bless him, but I also ask that you make it clear if you have sent him to us and ask for grace to receive him if he is sent by you. Sometimes it seems that Joseph accepts everyone, I just ask for protection and wisdom to recognize those who wish to deceive us.

Today is the 4th of July although it doesn’t seem like it. I am emotional and sad because of all that we have left behind. Help me Lord, to look ahead and to keep my eyes on you.

3 comments:

  1. As I read through these, it helps me to realize that mom was much like me. What I mean is that sometimes, she seemed superhuman - she had grace and love and open arms for anyone and anything.... it's interesting to see the internal struggles that she went through and realize that maybe I'm not that far off after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, when people acheive a certain level of spiritual maturity, it is important to understand the difficult process that led up to their "sainthood"... Debbie struggled a lot through her life (believe me I had a front row seat, and I caused a lot of it!), but she eventually arrived at the place we knew her at the end, peaceful, joyful and full of unconditional love for everyone.

    ReplyDelete