Thursday, November 1, 2012

June 7, 1987 in the mountains

June 7, 1987 Bogota, Colombia
Cold

The Lord Is My Strength And My Shield, My Heart Trusts In Him And I A Helped. My Heart Leaps for Joy And I Will Give Thanks For Him In Song". -- Psalm 27:7

Mom Holbrook called this morning and we talked for about 5 minutes, everyone is doing well. We went to Vima yesterday, a small area that has a Nursery (plants), a Furniture store, and a huge beautiful Playground for children with Llama rides. It is in the country about a 30 minute bus ride, we hope to take the kids there soon. It is surrounded by Mountains, I didn’t want to come back to the city, it is so restful. But we did come back to the city and it was so strange to see a 4 lane highway like Rte. 33 in Lancaster and stand there waiting for a bus.

Even stranger is traveling in a big bus like Greyhound which goes from city to city, stop in the middle of nowhere and pick us up. The bus driver was a really nice guy (in his 50s) wearing a hat with a brim. He was really intrigued with our English and asked Joseph to sit next to him to chat awhile. I must say, I am very fascinated with the buses. When we came back, we went to the bookstore that carries books in English. It cost $12 for 2 paperback books which would have cost $4-6 back home. Then we went to Bonanza (a Bario) and bought a table, a hutch, and 6 chairs for 67,000 pesos ( $250 US), loaded it all in a covered truck, hopped in and brought it home. It cost 1,200 pesos to have it all brought to our house. So now we have some furniture, its seems strange, the house seems odd to me. Thank you Lord for your blessings, we had a good meeting today with 30-35 people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment